Reached Srinagar | Flight delayed | ATM card stopped working | Phone number stopped working | Biometrics locked | 4th July 2024 | 11:23 pm

Hello Everyone, 

Hope you're amazing. 

I got up early to catch the bus from Swargate and then from Mumbai walked 2 kms footstep to reach Domestic airport and then currently in Srinagar. 

I met a person on flight and got some gist about the place and he was coming from Saudi Arabia and he seemed to be much helpful. 

Upon reaching the Srinagar, I couldn't get a sim from J&K since my biometrics was locked and I can't get an OTP since it is out of coverage area. 
The shopkeeper told me to get a new sim from City. 

The problem doesn't stop till this point because my ATM card didn't work as well and I had not even 100₹ cash with me and it was night, a stranger in the city and whom to ask? 

I requested the military personnel and he told me to go to other ATM, I tried to withdraw 5500₹ and the money didn't come out then I tried with 2500₹ still no response. 

I felt unsecure what if the money has been withdrawn but it's not coming from machine that means I won't even know because my sim has stopped and there is no internet. 

I went back to military personnel asking for help and he helped me with his WIFI and then I could connect but unfortunately I wasn't able to login to ICICI application to understand whether there is a withdrawal or not, I wasn't even sure if it will even work online or not. 

It meant I had no internet, no sim, no money, no UPI. 

The military personnel gave me 5000₹ and I was really happy yet felt weird what if the Phonepe won't work? 

I still tried and it worked and then transferred him the money. 

Now I know there are a lot of scams in J&K especially with the tourists and for dropping me to hostel it charged 900₹ but I have him knowing that it's late night and I can't do anything. 


Upon reaching here, I talked with one of the hostellers and order through zomato since the restaurant in the hostelnwas closed. 

Now after dinner, I feel tired and I need to sleep to get up for a new sim card and travel nearby areas. 

Keep an eye on my next Blogs, Stay tuned. 

Namo buddhay! 
Vivek

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outbursting thoughts | Part-1

22nd May 2024 | 10:27 PM

24th May 2024 | 9:17 PM